<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Villa Balquisse 

At Carole's suggestion, I had to stay one night at Villa Balquisse. It was stunning, luxurious and close to my favorite beach, Jimbaren. The beach was one of the few really empty beaches I visited and the sand was packed enough that I could walk easily (I never realized how hard it is to walk when the sand is so soft you sink with every step!) Jimbaren is famous for seafood, so I figured I should try some. The waiter made me walk all the way to the back of the shop and the chef opened iceboxes and started pulling out huge red fish. Yikes! I'm not a fish person at all: dead, alive or for dinner, but it actually was pretty good grilled over coconut shells and covered in spices.

These room pictures are mostly for Carole. Each room of the villa has a unique color and decorating theme. This burgundy and mulberry room suited me perfectly and is by far the most beautiful room I have ever slept in.

[Top]