<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Unique 

This is one of the very traditional "offerings" that I found everywhere in Bali (on beaches, in front of homes and businesses). Beautiful.

This is the surfer beach "Dreamland." It was interesting to watch, but I didn't go near the water.

This was my hotel in Kuta. It was a clean, simple and fun kind of resort. I decided to try a surfing class! I've never been that excited about surfing but I really enjoyed the challenge of learning something new and trying to improve. The instructor was a laid back surfer and not at all a natural teacher. It made me realize how frustrating it is to try and learn when you are not well taught. I did get up three times and came back with very sore muscles, torn up knees and a great sense of accomplishment.


[Top]